Meetings are held monthly on the first Tuesday at 6:30pm. Check the calendar or facebook for the location.
The Face-Off Club (FOC) is comprised of a dynamic and growing group of hockey fans! The mission is to support the Alaska Nanooks Division I hockey program at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. This is achieved by fundraising and other activities which promote hockey; attract new fans; provide for the needs of the players, coaches and the Alaska Nanook hockey program. We strive for a fun and interactive atmosphere while raising funds. The FOC activities are designed to allow fans to mingle and get to know the Alaska Nanooks players and coaches. The FOC is a group of enthusiastic individuals and families and is governed by a Board of Directors. The annual election of the Directors is held at the May meeting with approximately half of the Board seats elected or reelected annually by a vote of all members present at the meeting.
FOC Fundraising Events:
- Annual Blue/Gold Game
- A great way to preview what lies ahead for the hockey season. See how the rookies stack up against the veterans. Intermissions feature the exciting skills competition.
- Home Game Jersey and Poster Raffles
- Win an official game-worn Alaska Nanook hockey jersey or framed poster featuring an Alaska Nanook hockey player
- Annual Awards Banquet
- Wrap up the hockey season at this annual classy event where Alaska Nanook players/coaches are honored for their achievements during the season. Hear the thank you’s, the well-wishes and the final thoughts from the Seniors as they move on from their friends and colleagues in the Alaska Hockey Program.
- UAF Face-Off Cornhole Tournament
- The FOC sponsors an Cornhole Tournament each summer. It’s fun opportunity to meet the coaching staff, a few of the players, past hockey alumni and other hockey fans!
Proceeds from the FOC Fundraisers has supported:
- New team jerseys as needed
- The Bear Tunnel
- Electronic reader boards for the Carlson Center
- Alaska Nanook locker room and other Carlson Center renovations
- Team track suits
- Banners for the Carlson Center
- The purchase of hockey and training equipment
- Establishment of the Guy Gadowsky Scholarship Fund
FOC Sponsored Events:
- Skate with the Alaska Nanooks
- After specified home games, fans have the perfect opportunity to interact with the players. Bring a t-shirt or jersey to be signed and even get your photo taken with your favorite players or coaches.
- Luncheons with the Coaches
- Join the Alaska Nanook and visiting team coaches for lunch on Friday during each home series. Hear the coaches talk about their players, the series and their programs.
- Alaska Nanook Hockey Broadcasts